God's Comprehensive Ownership
June 3, 2018 Series: Romans: From Faith to Faith
Passage: Romans 11:33-36
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 11:36 (ESV)
"For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen."
Intro: In his work, Revolutions, what did Copernicus challenge?
OUR SOURCE, PATH & DESTINATION
What does it mean: from Him, through Him and to Him is everything?
A PRIDEFUL PRISON
How has God (mercifully) revealed how futile life is without Him?
OUR MERCIFUL AND NECESSARY REDEEMER
If God’s nature is a mystery, one thing is not: God causes, sustains, and receives all things – therefore He is necessary!
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD for the mystery of His infinity and self-existence. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit as the only true Source, Path and Destination for all things – for absolutely everything!
2. How have you lived as if God is not necessary at all? Confess your pride and rebellion to Jesus, asking Him to cleanse you by His death in your place and to change your heart by His Spirit.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for succeeding where we all have failed and for freely offering that success to us by faith. Thank Him for becoming poor in order to make us rich to the depths of His riches!
4. Who do you know that lives as if they source themselves, chart their own path, or as if Jesus is nowhere near their destination? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see how necessary the LORD is.
5. Read Romans 11:33-36 again. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of faithfulness. Pray for insight into God’s faithfulness and perfection, especially in His steadfastness to save His people.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.