God Has Not Abandoned His People
May 27, 2018 Series: Romans: From Faith to Faith
Passage: Romans 11:1-27
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 10:10 (ESV)
"For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."
Intro: In an age of ethnic tension, why can we all be gracious and hopeful?
ONE COVENANT PEOPLE, GLOBALLY
God secures us through Israel: our status rests on what God first did for them.
THE DANGER OF A TWISTED PERSPECTIVE
What is the core issue? What’s the problem?
CAN GOD BE TRUSTED TO SAVE?
If it seems that doubt and death prevail, Jesus’ buoyancy will overcome. True to His word, God preserves a remnant from among the many unbelieving, including Jews.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD for how large His mission is in His world. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His commitment to redeem people from every tribe, nation and language.
2. How have you lived with an inflated sense of importance, blind to God’s global mission? Confess to Jesus your pride to see yourself as superior, asking Him to forgive you for your failures and to fill you with His love.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His grace and mercy to failures like us. Thank Him for His amazing work to be cursed in our place so that we could be restored into the blessedness of His good design.
4. Who do you know that struggles with spiritual pride? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them and humble them; and that He would help you to be truly loving toward them as He has loved you.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love and joy. Pray for the Spirit’s work in your heart to help you be joyful and hopeful even in the midst of pervasive unbelief in our generation.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.