We Believe So We Speak
Passage: Romans 10:8-17
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 10:10 (ESV)
"For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."
Intro: Every mother is eager to go on record with their child …
SPEAKING TO, SPEAKING ABOUT
Why is it fitting to speak well to God in praise and speak well about Him as we bear witness?
EMBARRASSMENT & SHAME
Can you recall when you were first embarrassed to be seen with your parents? What is that like when someone is ashamed of you?
THE MIRACLE OF ASSOCIATION
How is it a miracle that, in the Gospel, Jesus has gone on record with us?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD for His surpassing worth and holiness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is so merciful and generous to enter into our shame, in Christ, in order to save us.
2. How have your words (or silence) been evidence of your unbelief in Christ’s power and grace? Confess your empty-heartedness to Jesus and ask Him to forgive you and fill you instead with His love and power.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that He is true – in all that He says of us and in all that He says of Himself. Thank Him for His unrivaled trustworthiness and for His grace to save all who call on Him.
4. Who do you know that lives in shame because of their failings? Pray for them, asking the Lord to 1) help you truly love them with the love of Jesus, and 2) that He would open their eyes to hope in Christ.
5. Ask the Spirit to help you in communicating and living out His grace to your friends, neighbors and co-workers who do not yet know Christ. Ask Him to work in you and in them producing the faith that we cannot produce.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Romans: From Faith to Faith
May 20, 2018Sorrow Mixed with Hope Over Others' Unbelief
May 6, 2018God's Sovereign Grace
April 29, 2018Righteousness By Faith, Not Works - No Audio Available