Secure & Hopeful In God's Love
March 27, 2018 Series: Romans: From Faith to Faith
Passage: Romans 8:28, 31-39
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 8:32 (ESV)
"He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us all "
Intro: Secure & Hopeful In God's Love
IF THIS... THEN ANYTHING!
Why does the Gospel of Jesus promise us hope?
WHAT DOES ANYTHING MEAN?
Work together doesn't mean prevent. And anything doesnt mean riches, ease, comfort or self indulgence.
ALL BAD THINGS TURNED GOOD
Why do we believe that God can work all things together for our good?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty for His wisdom and power over suffering and death. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His sovereign ability to turn everything bad to ultimate, eternal good.
2. How have you lived as if what you fear is more powerful than Jesus and His love for you? Confess the unbelief that lies beneath your fears to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to secure you by His sovereign power.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the 2 phases of His work. Thank Him for His conquest of sin, death and hell by His death and resurrection, and thank Him for His eventual resolution of all that is wrong at His return.
4. Who do you know that lives hopelessly, controlled by their fears? Pray for them, asking the Lord to conquer their fears by His death (to cleanse them from guilt) and His resurrection (to save them from death).
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you insight and wisdom in the face of suffering and death. Pray that He would anchor you in Jesus’ sovereign power and love vs. all that is wrong in you and broken in this world.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.