Union With Christ
Passage: Romans 5:15-21
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 5:17
"For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ."
Intro: Why does another person's sin (Adam's) have any effect on me?
THERE'S NO SUCH THING
Built by God, how are we designed for relationship (vs. autonomy)?
UNION IN CHRIST
How does union with Jesus work?
How is it possible to live toward others in light of union with Christ?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty for His power over sin and death that He has proven in Christ. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He loves us enough to come save us from every threat or peril.
2. How have you lived in rebellion, like Adam, fighting God’s boundaries and seeking to be a law unto yourself? Confess your pride to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you, to cleanse you, and to give you a new heart in union with Him.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the unheard of gift of taking your failures to guarantee that you enjoy His successes. Thank Him for removing your guilt and for keeping the Father’s design to free you to be whole and obedient.
4. Who do you know that is insecure? Ask the Father to give them a sense of security through being united with Christ. Ask for what Romans 5 promises – no condemnation, righteousness, and eternal life.
5. Where are you fearful? Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of joy at Jesus’ triumph over sin and death. Ask Him to convince you that if He can defeat these ultimate threats, then surely He can help you to not fear what threatens you.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.