A New Humanity in Christ
February 7, 2018 Series: Romans: From Faith to Faith
Passage: Romans 5:12-21
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 5:17
"For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ."
Intro: What do you typically think of when you hear "life and death"?
A GREAT START
How is God's starting place for this story is one of fullness?
A HORRIBLE WRECK
How does God's design help us see the connection between sin and death?
A MIRACULOUS HOPE
How has Jesus borne the ruin of Adam's failure and reparied it?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD as our Designer and the Giver of life. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for creating us in His image for love – to love Him and to love others as He has loved us.
2. How have you lived at odds with God’s good design, especially in your efforts to replace Him with what He’s made? Confess your sin and folly to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to repair you (even re-make you).
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to bring about the death of death by His obedience. Thank Him for obeying the Father to bear your guilt, and for His fulfillment of God’s original design where Adam failed!
4. Who do you know that is obviously dealing with the wreckage of sin in their life? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make Himself known to them and to give them hope as He has given it to you.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of His love and goodness. Pray that the Spirit would help you see evidence of His power restoring you back to His original good design in Christ.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.