Joy - Even In Suffering
Passage: Romans 5:1-11
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 5:5
"and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through hte Holy Spirit who has been given to us."
Intro: Why is suffering a test of ultimate values?
THE BIG STORY OF THE BIG PROBLEM
Why does anyone suffer? In the Fall, our parents broke God's good design.
THE HARD PART IN YOUR OWN STORY
How does suffering trip us up personally?
GOD'S SOVEREIGN WISDOM, POWER & LOVE
Why do we believe God truly works even suffering to our good?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty, for His sovereign power, wisdom and goodness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is actively working all things together for our good as His children.
2. How have you blamed God for brokenness in this world, rather than owning your own part in our sinful rebellion? Confess your pride and selfishness to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to secure you by His victory over sin, death and hell.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His ability to harness evil and every fallen circumstance to ultimately accomplish good. Thank Him for entering into the worst suffering into to bless us with the highest good in redemption.
4. Who is the person closest to you that is suffering? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them, and to give them hope that even by this, He can produce endurance, character and even hope by His love.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow in you the fruit of peace and patience as you suffer. Pray for the assurance promised in Romans 5:5, that His love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.