January 21, 2018 Series: Romans: From Faith to Faith
Passage: Romans 5:1-11
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 5:1-2
"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through Him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God."
Intro: What is the big deal about justification by faith?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD for His perfect peace! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He has personally satisfied His wrath and ended our struggle for peace.
2. Do you live as though God is still angry toward you? In what ways do you rely upon your own efforts to make Him happy? Confess your failure to rest in His completed work of reconciliation, remember His forgiveness and ask Him to grant you an awareness of your access to the grace in which you stand, by faith.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His relentless pursuit of being one with you. Recall the times and ways in your life that you have experienced the work of the Spirit to give you peace that passed understanding in the face of your own brokenness and the brokenness of this world.
4. Consider that Christ granted peace, access to grace, hope, and complete reconciliation to sinners and enemies. In which relationships is it most difficult for you to live in that way toward others? Ask the Lord to love people that way through you.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to renew in you the desire to take advantage of your access to grace and to develop your reconciled relationship with Him, in daily practices such as Bible reading, prayer, family worship, etc.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.