Abraham's Faith,Our Faith
January 14, 2018 Series: Romans: From Faith to Faith
Passage: Romans 4:16-25
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 4:20-22
"No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. That is why his faith was "counted to him as righeousness."
Intro: What is your concept of faith? Or even of heroic faith?
THE SOURCE OF FAITH
Why does it matter that God has made amazing promises, all backed by His character and power?
OBSTACLES OF FAITH
The battle is over our circumstances.
THE MECHANICS OF FAITH
So what does it look like to debend (or rest) on what God has said and done?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD for His surpassing greatness! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that there is no thing nor person that is greater than He is and no one as true or as powerful.
2. How have you doubted God’s power or character by attributing to created things (or people) more power than they truly possess? Confess your unbelief to Jesus, asking His to forgive you and help you to trust Him more.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His goodness and His power to save people like us. Thank Him for His character to hold true to His promises even at the cost of His own immeasurable suffering; and His power to conquer sin, death and hell.
4. What circumstance or challenge has you most overwhelmed or troubled? Ask the Lord to help you to genuinely call your circumstances what they are, and also call the Lord what He is in the midst of your limits.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to deepen your knowledge of Him – helping you to study scripture, freeing you from fears or doubts that clash with His Word, and growing your confidence in His promises.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.