Joy Because of Deliverance
Passage: Luke 1:67-79
Scripture Memory for the Week: Luke 1:76
"76 And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High; for you will go before the Lord to prepare his ways."
Intro: Who is the most joyful person you know?
I. IT’S BEEN A LONG TIME…
What does it mean to yearn for change (deliverance)?
II. BUT GOD HAS COME TO REDEEM
While deliverance first implies captivity, the miracle of the Gospel is that God gives us deliverance.
III. AND HE HAS REDEEMED ME!
What changes when this becomes yours?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD for His mercy as our Deliverer. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His work to visit us in Christ – to forgive and transform us by His love.
2. How have you lived in cynicism and unbelief as the LORD disappoints your expectations? Confess your pride to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and soften your heart to see His wisdom and grace.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His coming! Thank Him for leaving heaven to come bear our guilt, for allowing His life to be extinguished to save us, and for rejoicing over us in His resurrection power.
4. Who do you know that struggles with cynicism – unbelief in any real hope? Pray for them, asking the Lord to work humility and hope into their heart.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of joy. Pray that He would help you to know Jesus’ victory over everything terrible and that He would take you from silence to speaking up about Him, from cynicism to song.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.