My Soul Magnifies the Lord
Passage: Luke 1:46-55
Scripture Memory for the Week: Luke 1:46-48
"46 And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord, 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 48 for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed."
I. JOY IN MAGNIFYING THE LORD
II. STRUGGLE WITH MAGNIFYING THE LORD
III. POWER FOR MAGNIFYING THE LORD
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Praise and magnify the Lord for His strength, mercy and goodness!
2. Confess to Jesus the ways in which we have pridefully sought to magnify ourselves instead of Him.
3. Give thanks to God for Him looking on our humble estate, showing mercy to those who fear Him and filling the hungry with good things.
4. Who in your life does not know Jesus as their Savior? Please pray that our God would show mercy to them and that through the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives, they would become those who fear the Lord.
5. Pray that the Holy Spirit would help us to magnify the Lord, and rejoice in Jesus our Savior, during this Advent season despite all the busyness, materialism and potential family drama that can be associated with it.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.