Passage: Romans 2:6-16
Scripture Memory for the Week: Romans 2:13
"13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified."
Intro: Why do we get angry at perceived injustice?
He Will Render To Each One
Why is perfect justice possible only with God? What major mistake do we make in our longing for justice?
Seeking Self or Seeking God
What does it mean to have no excuse, or no defense against God’s indictment?
Judgment Seat to Mercy Seat
Why is it good news that God will judge our secrets by Christ Jesus? How can we prepare now for the great day?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship God for His ability to judge everyone perfectly. Praise Him for how His judgment displays His perfect knowledge, wisdom, love, and power.
- How have you lived seeking yourself and your ways rather than God and His ways? Confess your sin to Jesus, asking Him to put you into right standing with God and to transform your life.
- Give thanks to Jesus for taking your place in God’s judgment. Praise Him that by faith you can be sure that He (as the judge) will accept you into His kingdom—that you will find His judgment seat to be a mercy seat!
- Who do you know that struggles with God’s judgment—either by assuming they can pass it on their own merits or by doubting its reality? Pray for them, asking God to make them certain that they will be held accountable and that they can find mercy through Christ alone.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to encourage your heart with the good news of your acceptance in Christ. Ask God to grow you into a person who seeks Him first and patiently pursues doing good because of His grace.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.