God's Holiness & Our Folly
October 15, 2017 Series: Romans: From Faith to Faith
Passage: Romans 1:18-32
Scripture Memory for the Week: Romans 1:32
"32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them."
Intro: Ancient Rome (like Athens) was full of idols…
Paul reasons that this is all about our core beliefs. What’s true in our hearts?
How are idols enslaving in their power?
As foolish as we’ve been, and as horrific as the consequences truly are (both now and for eternity), why can we have hope?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD for His holiness, infinitely surpassing in His glory and worth. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for how He is incomparable to any created thing, person or experience.
- How have you lived appraising Jesus as un-necessary or even intrusive to what you would really like to have? Confess your folly to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you for suppressing the truth.
- Give thanks to Jesus for His faithfulness to never give in to sin or to be governed by any created thing, and for atoning for how you have done just that! Thank Him for being given over in your place on the Cross.
- Who do you know that is trapped in their unbelief, exhausted, enslaved and distorted? Pray for them, asking the Lord to free them from their chains just as He has graciously worked to free you.
- Read John 7:37-39 and ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love and faithfulness. Pray that He would fill you (govern you) to overflowing and give you hope because of His power to break your chains.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.