God's Design & Our Defiance
Passage: Romans 1:18-32
Scripture Memory for the Week: Romans 1:21-22
"21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools."
Intro: What goes on beneath the surface of a volcano?
THERE IS A PLAN
How has God revealed His good design?
HOW DO WE WILLFULLY IGNORE IT?
How do we need to repent – whether we’re in the world or in the church?
IS THERE ANY HOPE OF RECOVERY?
How is there hope in Christ for anyone?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD, God Almighty for the goodness of all aspects of His design of us in His likeness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for how loving He is and for how lovingly He has made us.
- How have you willfully ignored what God has shown you about Himself and His design of you? Confess to Jesus your foolish exchange of truth for lies, asking Him to cleanse and heal you.
- Give thanks to Jesus for His exchange of His rightful place for the curse we earned by our sin. Thank Him for revealing grace and truth, for satisfying wrath on our behalf and for reversing sin’s destruction.
- Who do you know that needs the Lord’s mercy in the gospel – that He has poured His wrath on Christ instead of pouring it upon us as we’ve deserved? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help you convey that mercy.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to work against brokenness in your life, your family and in our culture. Read Ezekiel 36:25-28 and ask Him to renew you in Christ as He works to displace your idols.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.